- It all started with a simple donne (plantain leaf cups) which is hand made or machine pressed. the donne has a very nice aroma when food is served in it...through out south India you can find people using these cups.
This unique recipe will be a new addition for all briyani lovers out there if you try my recipe do post your comments...:)
2 Medium Size Onions
6-8 Green Chilies
Fist full Mint and Coriander leafs
2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
5 Black Pepper Corns
2 Inch Sticks Cinnamon
3 Cardamom Pods
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Ghee
- Heat a wok add oil and ghee add the above list of ingredients leaving out the mint and coriander leafs fry till the onion turns transparent then add the mint and coriander and fry all the ingredients.
- Allow the fried ingredients to cool before grinding to a smooth paste.
- Add the ingredients to a blender and grind to a smooth paste.
1/2 Kilo Lamb Meat
1 Tsp Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Cup Yogurt
1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Add the above listed ingredients to the meat and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
Lets Prepare Briyani:
- Heat 2 Tsp oil in a pressure cooker add the marinated meat and fry for 10 minutes add 2 to 3 cups water and salt cover place the whistle pressure cook till meat is tender for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Once the mutton has cooked separated the stock and meat set aside.
- For this recipe we need to use 2 cups seeraga samba rice.
- Wash the 2 cups of rice thrice drain and set aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker with 2 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp ghee.
- Add 2 cloves 1/2 inch cinnamon 2 cardamom and a bayleaf fry a bit.
- Add the masala paste and fry till oil surfaces.
- Add the cooked meat to the masala and fry a bit.
- Add the rice and fry a bit for 3 to 4 seconds.
- Add 1tbsp kasuri methi and fry a bit.
- Measure the mutton stock and water. we need to add 3 cups of liquid for 2 cups rice.
- Add the liquid to the rice mix well.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add 1/2 lime juice mix all the ingredients well.
- Bring to a boil and cover place a whistle and cook for 5 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to reduce before opening the cooker. once the briyani is done mix well and serve hot in a donne with raita and boiled eggs....enjoy...:)
The ratio for this mutton briyani is 1/2 kilo mutton and 1/2 kilo rice.
liquid measure: 1 cups rice add 1 1/2 cups water.
Recipe demo video...:)