2-3 Medium Size Brinjals (Egg plant)
Cut into medium size cubes.
1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
1 Tbsp of Clarified Butter(Ghee)
2 Tbsp of Coriander leafs (finely chopped)
1 Tsp Fennel seeds
1 inch Stick Cinnamon
2 Cardamom pods
1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
2 Cup Rice
1/2 Cup Milk or Coconut Milk
1 1/2 Cup water
1 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic masala
5-6 Green chilly
4-5 Tbsp oil
Salt to taste
For the Masala
1 Inch piece Ginger
8-10 pods Garlic
1 Inch piece Cinnamon
2 Cardamom pods
1 Tbsp Fennel seeds
5-6 Fresh Green or Red Chillies
Fry the above Ingredients in 1tsp oil and coarse grind the masala and set aside.
Clean the rice wash and soak for 10 mins.
- Heat a cooker add Ghee and oil drain the water from rice.
- Add the whole spices to the ghee and allow to splutter. add the chopped onion and fry till turns pink.
- Add 2 tbsp of the masala paste fry a bit.
- Add the brinjal and chopped mint and coriander turmeric fry a bit.
- Add the rice fry a bit add water and coconut milk add salt bring to a boil cover and place the whistle.
- Allow to cook for 3 whistles once done garnish with lime juice mix well and serve with raita.
You can use any rice for the recipe I've used a short grain rice for 1 cup rice measure I've added 1 1/2 cups liquid you can also use regular cows milk for the recipe instead of coconut milk.
You can also use Basmati Rice.
Try to parboil the brinjal as we are gonna pressure cook
Fry the rice in oil and add lemon while preparing any pulao or briyani rice will not break or go into a lump
Fry ginger garlic in oil before preparation of any masala this seals the flavor and gives extra taste.