Barotta or Parotta
Parotta is one of the most requested recipes so far I have been creating and recreating the same recipe for years now over the years I've some how experimented and perfected parotta recipe and would like to share my recipe...
8-10 Tbsp of Corn Strach or flour (for dusting is optional)
1/4 Cup Oil
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Sugar
Luke Warm Water to knead the dough.
Video Demo Recipe ....
- On a work surface add the maida and make a well in the middle add salt and knead adding water once you form a dough add 2tbsp of oil and knead well as you would knead for any bread or bun, knead for 10mins and allow to rest for 1/2 hour.
- Make roundels and roll out into thin roti with out dipping in flour you can spread oil on the dough while rolling out the roti.
- spread a tsp of oil on the rolled out roti and sprinkle maida and corn strach and smear even on the roti.
- pick the entire roti and creat fan shape and roll it back into a snail shape.
- roll the roti out to 1/2 inch rounds.
- heat a tava or pan and fry the roti in medium flame adding a tsp of oil to either sides of the roti.
- Serve hot with any curry and enjoy...:)