Tapioca & Apple Payasam (Pudding)
1/4 Cup Tapioca pearls (Sabudana,Javvarisi)
2 Tsp Chopped Cashew, Pistachio,Almonds
1 Dried Fig Chopped (You can add more..:)
3 Cardamom pods
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Milk powder
2 Medium Apples(cored and chopped into pieces)
Rose water few drops
1 pinch Yellow food color (Optional)
1 Tbsp Clarified butter (Ghee)
- Soak the sabudana or tapioca in water for 3 hours before preparing the pudding.
- core and chop the apples into pieces and soak in cold water and set aside.
- Chop all the nuts and set aside.
- In a fry pan add clarified butter and fry all the chopped nuts till light golden color and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and boil milk reduce the milk a bit and add the soaked tapioca the tapioca has to turn transparent that and soft this is the indication that the tapioca is cooked add cardamom pods i peeled a bit and added the cardamom add sugar and milk powder and allow the sugar and milk powder to dissolve completely by this time the milk should have a thicker constancy check in case you need to add extra sugar at this point add the fried nuts stir and remove from heat before serving drain the apples from water and add to the pudding and serve...this pudding tasted excellent when it was hot you can serve it cold as well...do try this recipe and enjoy...:)
I've also done a detail recipe demo on YouTube do watch and try this recipe share and enjoy with family and friends...:)