Dumroot (Pumpkin Halwa) Diwali special
- 500 Grams Yellow Pumpkin
- 200 Grams Khoya (Kova)
- 5 Tbsp Milk Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 3 Tbsp Refined SunflowerOil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Pinch Orange Food Color
- You can substitute for condensed milk insteed of khoya but make sure not to add sugar as condensed milk already has sugar if you need to add sugar adjust as per your taste
- Peel the skin deseed the pumpkin and grate the pumpkin.
- Wash the pumpkin 2 or thrice in water drain pat dry and reserve in a bowl.
- Mix the Clarified butter and oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and add 2 1/2 tbsp of the oil and clarified butter to the pan tip in the pumpkin fry a bit allow the pumkin to wilt down a bit add the khoya sugar and milk powder and stir for 2 mins add water stir and bring to a boil and cover for 10 mins on medium flame keep stiring constantly inbetween the 10 min gab. after the khoya and other ingerdients have incoporated well add the food color and cardomom stir well keep on high flame and keep stiring constantly and keep adding the butter and oil mixture till its over. allow the pumpkin to burn and have a brown crust in the bottom serve hot...Enjoy...:)
I've also done detail recipe demo on youtube watch and enjoy...:)