Gulab Jamun Kofta Curry
- 200 Grams Gulab Jamun Mix Powder
- 1/2 Cup Cauliflower (Grated)
- 1/2 Cup Carrot (Grated)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Green Peas (Boiled)
- 2 Onions ( Prepare Puree using a mixer or blender)
- 2 Tomato's (Puree)
- 2 Green Chilles (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger & Garlic paste
- 1 Sprig Curry leafs
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Chilly powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam masala or kitchen king masala
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Mango powder (amchoor)
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin seeds
- A Pinch of Asafoetida
- 2 Tbsp Yogurt
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste.
- Heat a wok add 1 tbsp of oil tip in the grated cauliflower and fry for a minute tip in the grated carrot and fry allow the cauliflower and carrot to cook for 5 minutes if you find its still raw we are going to fry later on don't worry about to veg to completely cook through then tip in the boiled green peas add salt and fry a bit till very thing gets incorporated well.
- Remove from flame and reserve the veg mixture to a bowl and allow the veg mixture to cool down completely.
- After the veg mixture has cooled check for salt add salt if you need to now keep adding the gulab jamun mix by the spoon full and mix I've used up 3/4 of the 200g packed sprinkle very little water if needed while kneading the kofta dough.
- The dough should have a texture between chapati and naan dough.
- Make roundels out of the dough i made golf size ball you can prepare even smaller size kofta if you wish too.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the roundels or kofta in very low flame till golden brown color drain the oil and reserve the kofta in a plate and set aside.
These kofta can be fried and stored in fridge you can heat in microwave and prepare gravy and add the kofta to the gravy anytime...this recipe is very nice for working moms...:)
- In a mixer jar or blender blend the oinion to a puree.
- And puree the tomato's as well.
Third Step:Lets Serve:
- Heat a wok add 2 tbsp oil and add the cumin seeds to splutter then add the ginger and garlic paste fry a bit add the chilly powder , turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala and fry a bit fry the curry leafs and the asafoetida and add the dried mango powder fry a bit add the finely chopped green chilly beware not to burn the dry masala while frying the curry will taste bitter tip in the onion puree fry the onion till the masala is incorporated well once you see the oil separating from the onion add the yogurt fry a bit tip in the tomato puree and fry well add 1 to 1 1/2 cup of water to make the gravy thin bring to a boil on slow flame.
- Once you see the oil floating on top of the gravy its done and ready to serve.
- Just before serving place the kofta in a serving bowl and ladle the gravy on top of the kofta serve hot .
- This Kofta curry can be enjoyed with any roti, naan, fried rice or pulao.
- Serve hot for any recipe and Enjoy...:)