I am recreating and updating this blog space with new pictures and video. I had originally created and posted this recipe in 2010. We always have a stock of potato chips in the pantry, it tends to loose flavor and taste with in couple of days, best way to use up those chips are in a omelette. I like this potato chips frittata with toast and coffee 😀
11. Once the Omelette is done transfer to a serving plate garnish with chopped onion, tomato, crushed potato chips, coriander, sprinkle paprika and pepper powder serve right away...Enjoy😊
1 Cup Potato Chips
1/4 Onion Finely Chopped
2 Chilies Finely Chopped
1/2 Inch Ginger Grated
5 Sprigs Coriander Finely Chopped
2 Tbsp Oil
3 Tbsp Milk or Heavy Cream
Salt to taste
Paprika and Pepper Powder
Garnish: Finely Chopped Onions, Tomato and Coriander.
1. Use a fork to whisk the eggs it is easy.
2. Crack the open couple of eggs in a mixing bowl.
3. Start adding 2 tbsp chopped onion, 1 tbsp tomato, 1 chopped chilly, 1 tsp coriander, pinch of grated ginger, salt and splash of milk to the eggs.
4. Whisk the eggs.
5. Heat a Iron tawa or skillet on medium flame with 3 tbsp oil.
6. Once the tawa is ready to fry the eggs, take a fist full of potato chips crush and add to the egg whisk once and add the mixture to the tawa for frying.
7. Spread the egg and contents evenly creating an even layer omelette.
8. Sprinkle paprika and pepper powder as per preference.
9. Gently release the edges of the omelette flip and cook.
10. Cook the omelette for a minute on each side or until the middle of the omelette is well done.
Suggestion you can try:
Use grated cheese or cheese flavor chips in the omelet.