Palak Chicken (Chicken in spinach gravy)
1 Kilo Curry Cut Chicken
1 Cup Yogurt
1 Bunch Palak (Spinach)
1 Tbsp Tandoori masala
1 Tbsp Kitchen King masala
1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
2 1/2 Tbsp Chilly Powder
3 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
2 Medium Size Onion
2 Medium Tomato
2 Green Chillies
1 Fist Full Coriander leafs
1 Fist Full Mint leafs
2 1/2 Tbsp Clarified butter
2 1/2 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste.
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, 1 tbsp chilly powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, tandoori masala, 1/2 lime juice and salt mix well cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a blender add the onion and prepare a puree without adding water reserve in a bowl.
- In the same blender add the tomato and prepare puree with out adding water reserve in a bowl.
- Heat a wok add the spinach leafs, coriander leafs, mint leafs and green chillies cover and allow the greens to wilt down on a slow flame for 10 mins. then add to a blender and prepare a puree with out adding water and reserve.
- Remove the chicken from fridge and bring to room-temp after 1 hr.
- Heat a wide and heavy bottom pan add 1 tbsp of clarified butter and oil and add the chicken to the pan cover and allow the chicken to cook on medium flame.
- Heat a wok add the rest of the oil and clarified butter add the ginger and garlic paste fry. tip in onion puree fry till it turns to a light pink color add the tomato puree fry. tip in the chilly powder, turmeric powder, kitchen king masala and coriander powder and fry well. once the chicken has cooked add to the tomato masala and fry a bit add 1 cup of warm water and add salt as per your taste simmer bring to a boil and add the palak masala bring the gravy to a boil once you feel the gravy has thicken and everything has incorporated add lime juice and garnish with butter or fresh cream and serve hot with pulkas ...Enjoy maadi...:)
TheKhaleelahamed ).this is my version of the palak chicken you can also sub for boiled eggs instead of chicken it will taste super try this recipe and enjoy...:)
Please wash the palak, coriander and mint leafs at least 7 to 10 times in water before use. the greens carry high pesticides and recycled human and animal waste please make sure to clean your veg and greens throughly before use please mind your serving for young and old at home we are prone to so many disease if we are not careful in taking measures while cooking.
I've also Uploaded a demo video for this recipe watch and enjoy...:)