Chocolate Rum Balls
I gave this recipe a new name Pure Indulgence...
1 Heaping Cup Cubed Cooking Chocolate (I used 60% sweet chocolate for this recipe)
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
3 Tsp Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp Coco Powder
2 1/2 Tsp Butter
3 Tbsp Rum
1/4 Tsp Vanilla & Chocolate Flavor (optional)
Chocolate rice or sprinkles to roll the rum balls.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl mix well.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a pot and allow the water to boil on low flame.
- Place the bowl on top of the boiling water make sure the steam from the boiling water is melting the chocolate and other ingredients together keep on stirring well till the ingredients combine this process will take 10 minutes.
- By placing the chocolate on double boiler your chocolate wont burn.
- Once the ingredients melt remove from flame and allow the mixture to set in room temperature cover and place the chocolate in fridge to set over night.
- Remove the chocolate from fridge try to use a mini scoop to form even size rum ball if not the scoop the chocolate with a regular spoon and roll out into bite size balls using your palm as shown in the video.
- Roll out with chocolate balls in chocolate rice or sprinkles serve chill...your special one will love it..Enjoy...:)
This recipe was sent to me by a you tuber and good friend Malinda who stays in Vegas i tried the recipe out it was too good rum flavor was intense and nice my friend and dad enjoyed the chocolate thanks for the recipe Malinda. how ever i did my own chances to the recipe Malinda asked me to form the chocolate balls and dip in melted chocolate i tried out one it was too sweet you can do it that way if you want i rolled out the chocolate in chocolate rice it was so nice and decorative this recipe is a good birthday gift option for some one special who loves rum. I've planned to prepare these again and gift to a friend....:)
P.S My timing to prepare this recipe was super it was super...humid and the spot lights used for filming started to melt the chocolate i had to place it back in the fridge for some time till i made a new batch....and best part i forgot to add butter for some reason i had to refer the recipe again and guess what i left out the butter i had to rush asap and add the butter to the melting chocolate if you add cold butter to the meted chocolate your melted chocolate will curdle make sure to add butter to chocolate while melting...
recipe video demo in english done by me watch and enjoy...:)