Nutri Roti (My Way)
Ingredients:1/2 Cup Aashirvaad Multigrain Atta or Regular Wheat Flour.
1/2 All Purpose Flour/Maida.
2 Medium Carrots (Grated)
1/2 Bunch Spinach Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
1 Tbsp Ginger (Grated)
4 - 5 Chillies Finely Chopped
1 Medium Onion Finely Chopped
1 Pinch Asafoetida
Salt to taste.
- In a hot wok add 2 tbsp oil add jeera allow to splutter well tip in the ginger fry a bit add the onion and chillies add the asafoetida fry till the onions turn transparent.
- Tip In the grated carrots add salt as per taste fry for a minute tip in the spinach fry all the ingredients till well done.
- Remove the mixture from flame and allow to cool before kneading the dough.
- Combine both the flour add to the carrot masala mixture check for salt sprinkle very little water and knead the dough. please note the masala already has moisture make sure you just sprinkle little water as you knead the dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Make roundels out of the dough dip in flour and roll out.
- Heat a skillet/tava and start frying out the roti's add very little oil while frying out the roti serve hot with butter, ketchup or pickle...Enjoy...:)
We have never used multigrain atta before this is the first time i prepared multigrain atta roti the texture was a bit rough and dry not soft as expected and the taste is different compare to regular whole wheat roti. i prefer not to use multigrain atta for roti anymore i tried out couple of other recipes with the same flour it was a hit i will feature in my future episodes. you can try the same recipe using whole wheat flour its sure to be a hit normally i prepare the masala ahead of time and store it in the fridge and knead the dough just before preparing roti's.
I've done detail recipe video demo in English...Enjoy...:)