Stuffed Shami Kabab Recipe
One of my favorites is shami kabab its so soft and delicate packed with awesome flavors. Its not oily at all very healthy and nutritious.
250 Grams Lamb Mince
1/2 Cup Split Chickpeas/Channa dhal
1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
2 Green Chillies
4 Dried Red Chillies
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Chilly Powder
1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Garam Masala
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Corns
1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander Leafs
1 Cup Water
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste.
2 Cubes Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Medium Onion
2 Green Chillies
Fist Full Coriander Leafs
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Pinch Chat Masala (Optional)
- Wash the chickpeas thrice and soak for 3 to 4 hours the dhal should double in size.
- Drain the water and reserve in a bowl.
- Grate the Cheese add the onion finely chopped chillies and coriander leafs and salt mix well cover and refrigerate.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan or wok add the meat, soaked and drained dhal, 2 chillies, dried chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilly powder, fennel seeds, pepper corns, ginger garlic paste, coriander leafs and salt add water stir well cover and cook till the meat and dhal is well done.
- Once the meat and dhal has cooked allow the moisture to evaporate remove from flame allow the mixture to cool down.
- Add the meat mixture to a blender and grind to a paste with out adding water check for salt add if needed.
- Remove the cheese from the fridge mix once.
- Take a portion of the ground meat mixture create a ball and form a well in the center of the mixture take 1/2 tsp of filling and place it in the middle now cover all the edges and seal the filling create a patty shape.
- Heat a tava or skillet on low flame add 2 Tbsp of oil start frying the patty gently turn the patty to the other side once its brown fry till both sides of the patty turn to light golden brown color..serve hot with mint or radish chutney...Enjoy...:)
Do watch my recipe demo in English...Enjoy...:)