3 Medium Size Ripe Tomatoes
4-5 Garlic PodsSmall Lime Size Tamarind
2 Tbsp Rasam Powder
Fist Full Coriander
2 Sprigs Curry Leafs
1/4 Tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 Tsp Cumin seeds
2-3 Dried Red Chillies
1 Pinch Asafoetida
3 Tbsp Cooked dhal
2 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the heads of the tomato cut into half add into a bowl along with tamarind and steam along with dhal in a pressure cooker for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Add extra water in the dhal before cooking we will use the dhal water for rasam.
- Once the tomatoes have cooked add the extra dhal water to the tomato and extract the pulp from the tomato using a strainer sieve add water if its to sour.
- To the extracted tomato rasam add salt crushed garlic, curry leafs, coriander along with steam and place the rasam on medium flame bring to a boil add the rasam podi.
- Once the rasam starts to froth and boil stir and remove from flame cover and set aside.
- Heat a fry pan add oil fry the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chillies, asafotida and temper the rasam mix well and serve hot...Enjoy...:)
Lot of you have requested rasam recipe I've finally uploaded both the recipes podi and rasam try the recipes out and post your comments...:)