1 Large Onion(chopped into medium cubes)
2 Medium Murungakkai/Drum Stick(cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces)
1 Inch Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Cup Yogurt
1 Inch Cinnamon
3 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Ghee
Fist Full Coriander
Salt to taste.
- 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds are added to grind ginger and garlic please follow this step.
- Add yogurt ginger garlic paste 2 cloves, 2 cardamom, 1inch cinnamon, 1tbsp chilly powder, 1/4tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp coriander powder with 1 tbsp salt mix all the ingredients well into the meat and allow to marinate for 2o to 30 minutes for best results marinate for1 hour.
- Grind coconut and coriander into a smooth paste and set aside.
- Add the marinated meat and 1 tbsp oil to the cooker and allow to cook for 5 minutes once you see liquid released from the meat allow to dry out add 1 glass of water cover and cook for 2 to 3 whistles till well done.
- Heat a wok add oil and ghee add the remaining spices fry a bit add onion and fry till transparent add the drumstick remaining chilly powder, coriander power and turmeric powder.
- Add cooked meat to the onion and bring to a boil check for salt add if needed.
- Allow the drumstick to cook till tender. add water if needed.
- Add the coconut paste to the curry add 1 to 1/2 cup water if need to thin the gravy a bit allow the gravy to boil the raw flavor from the coconut should reduce and good aroma and texture should develop when tasted...once the gravy has cooked squeeze in half lime juice and garnish with coriander...serve super hot with rice, idlly or dosa...Enjoy...:)
Suggestions: To the same gravy recipe brinjal or radish can be added instead of drumstick for extra flavor dill leafs or methi leafs can also be added try simple variations I'm sure you will enjoy each and every variation...:)
Demo video in english do watch..Enjoy...:)