This recipe can be altered and served in 2 different variations when we combine the masala with the liver it can be reduced a bit and served as a gravy or allow the moisture content to dry out totally and serve as dry fry. At home we like it semi dry...
1/2 kilo Goat Liver (I've washed the liver twice and then cut into cubes)
(try to purchase fresh liver for this recipe if your purchasing liver from super market check at the packaging date if its a day old its still stale tends to be bit on the rubbery side once cooked.)
1/4 Tsp Chilly Powder
1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Large Onion (finely chopped)
5-6 Pods Garlic Crushed
3 Pods Cardamom
1 Inch Stick Cinnamon
1 1/2 Tbsp Coriander Powder
3 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Ghee
Salt to taste.
1 Tbsp Onion
1 Tbsp Coconut
1 Inch Ginger
10 Pods Garlic
6 Green Chilies
1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper Corns
1/4 Tsp Fennel Seeds
1 Inch Cinnamon
- To Prepare masala paste heat a fry pan with 2 tsp oil add onion and pepper corns fry a bit then add all the ingredients ginger, garlic, fennel, cardamom, cinnamon , cloves and chilies fry all the ingredients to light pink in color remove from flame and allow to cool before adding to a mixer jar.
- Grind the fried ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pressure cooker with1 tbsp oil add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and chilly powder fry a bit add the liver and fry add 2 cups of water and 1/4 tsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover and allow the liver to cook for 4 to 5 whistles till well done.
Its best to cook the liver prior this not only saves time but also helps to eliminate any funny smell.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan or kadai add 1 tbsp oil and 1tbsp ghee add the cinnamon, cardamom and cloves to the hot oil and fry add the crushed garlic a fry till light pink.
- Add the onion and coriander powderto the garlic and fry till transparent.
- Add the prepared masala paste to the onion and fry a bit add the cooked liver check for salt and add salt if needed stir and cover.
- Allow the moisture content to reduce keep stirring till the oil separates to the sides squeeze in 1/2 lime juice and garnish with coriander and mint...serve hot with rice...Enjoy..:)
Demo Video in English do watch ...Enjoy...:)