All that I can say its simple to prepare and the katori can be prepared stored ahead of time. best finger food that can be served during a party...:)
1 Medium Size Boiled Potato
1/4 Cup Boiled Mung Beans
1/4 Cup Steamed Corn Kernels
1 Medium Size Onion
2 Finely Chopped Green Chilly
Few Sprigs Finely Chopped Mint and Coriander
1/4 Tsp Roasted and Ground Carom seeds powder
1/4 Tsp Roasted and Ground Cumin powder
1/4 Tsp Chaat masala
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
Tart mould or regular steel cups can be used to form katori
- In a bowl add maida, carom powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil mix all the ingredients add water and knead into a tight dough.
- Cover the dough and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- In a bowl add the chopped potato cubes, corn, mung beans, onion, chilles, mint, coriander, lime juice, cumin powder and chaat masala mix all the ingredients and set aside just before serving add salt to the filling.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll out into a thin sheet.
- Using a cutter cut the dough into equal rounds.
- Line the dough into a tart mould make sure there are no air pocket while lining up the mould.
- Using a fork pierce holes into the tart moulds and set aside.
- Heat oil on medium flame drop the tart mould in the oil with in few seconds the shells will pop out of the mould drain the excess oil and set aside in a plate.
- To the potato mixture add salt and mix well.
- Fill the fried tart shells with the potato.
Serve it right away can be garnished with mint chutney and tamarind chutney or served as it is do try this recipe and post your comments...Happy Cooking...:)
Do view my video demo in english and post your comments...:)