Toddy palm payasam/kheer was so tasty it was a real treat after dinner do give this recipe a try since palm is in season very easily available. This recipe was an experiment and turned out so good.
6 Nos Tender toddy palm nuts(2 cups)
1 Medium Ripe Mango optional
2 Tbsp Coconut Milk Powder or 1 Cup fresh Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp Badam Milk Mix or Cardamom Powder
1/2 Tin Condensed Milk
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Cups Milk (full fat)
Saffron Strands few
Almonds Pista and Walnuts chopped
- We need to peel the toddy palm and rinse in water twice chop in to tiny cubes and set aside in a bowl.
- Clean the mango and chop into small cubes set aside.
- Place the milk on medium flame allow to reduce and constantly keep stirring.
- Add condensed milk and sugar keep stirring.
- Add the saffron, coconut milk powder and the badam milk powder and keep stirring till the milk reduces to half the quantity.
- Remove the milk from flame and allow to cool.
- Once the Milk has cooled to room temperature add the chopped palm, mango and nuts mix well cover and place in the fridge to cool.
Do watch my video demo in English...:)
Badam Milk Powder Recipe Video..