Please click here to see the older version of green chilly mutton biryani..:)
2 Large Onion(Chopped into cubes)
4-5 Tbsp Green Chilly Biryani Paste
5 Green Chilly (Slit in middle)
Fist Full Coriander and Mint Leafs washed and chopped
1/2 Lime Juice
2 Pods Cardamom
2 inch Sticks Cinnamon
1 Chicken Stock Cube
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Cup Yogurt
Ghee 3 Tbsp
Oil 2 Tbsp
Salt to taste.
Please watch the video demo in english Enjoy...:)
Green Chilly Biryani Paste:
10-15 Green Chilly (add or reduce the chilly depending on the heat)
1/2Tsp Fennel Seeds
1 inch Stick Cinnamon
3 Pods Cardamom
1/2 Tsp Pepper corns
2 Whole Garlic peeled add equal quantity peeled and chopped ginger
First measure the ginger and garlic equally then measure the chilly equally to the quantity of ginger and garlic.
In a fry pan add 1 tsp oil and fry all the above mentioned ingredients for 2minutes allow to cool add to the mixer jar and grind to smooth paste.
Add 1 Cup Yogurt and 1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder to the meat and marinate upto 1 hour before preparation.
- In a pressure cooker add 1 Tbsp oil and the marinated meat fry a bit add the 2 Tbsp of the Biryani paste and salt stir well allow the meat to fry in its own juices for some time.
- Add 1 1/2 Cups water place the lid and allow to cook for 3 to 4 whistles till the meat is fork tender.
- Separate the meat from stock and set aside.
- Wash the rice twice or till the water is clear drain and set aside.
- Heat pressure cooker add 2 tbsp oil and 3 tbsp ghee fry the whole spices cardamom cinnamon cloves and bay leaf allow the spices to crackle a bit add the onion and fry till transparent.
- Add the 2 Tbsp of the biryani paste and green chilly to the onion and fry a bit add the rice fry a bit add the coriander and mint the meat stock coconut milk and water add salt and lime juice add the chicken stock cube stir well cover the cooker place the whistle allow to cook for 2 whistles till rice is done.
For me when i measured the 500grms rice its exactly 2 glasses of rice so I've added 3glasses of liquid to the rice.
- Add 1/2 to 1 Tbsp of biryani paste to the meat and fry the meat a bit set aside the heat in the biryani depends on your choice its up to you how much heat you want we normally like it spicy and hot.
The layering can be done in the pressure cooker or in a microwave dish and microwave for 5 minutes depending on the heat setting your microwave has.
- Divide the meat and rice. layer the meat and rice equally add coriander and mint close the pressure cooker and place on very low flame for 5 to 10 minutes with out placing the whistle.
- Serve with onion raita and boiled eggs enjoy...Happy cooking...:)
I've used 7 1/2 liter pressure cooker to cook the rice. used the same pressure cooker to layer the meat and rice for dum...:)