5-6 Tbsp Shredded Dry Coconut
1 1/2 Large Onion
10-15 Dried Red Chilies
1 Tbsp Black Pepper corns
1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
4 Cardamom Pods
3 Inch Stick Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
2 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
4 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
Do view my video demo in english...:)click here to read more how to clean lamb trotters.
- I've used 7.5 liter pressure cooker to cook the paya. normally i cook the paya ahead of time once then add masala and cook it again this way the paya is cooked to perfection.
- Once the paya is added to the pressure cooker add water till the paya is covered add turmeric powder and cover place the whistle and allow the paya to cook for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Heat a wok on medium flame add oil fry all the spices allow to splutter.
- Add the red chillies and fry a bit.
- Add onion, coconut, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and fry till onion is transparent.
- Add the fried masala to a mixer jar add 1/4 Cup water and grind to smooth paste.
- Add the masala to the paya stir well add salt and stir well.
- Place the paya back on the stove on high flame place cover and whistle and allow to cook for further 5 whistles.