Chutney Podi /Idly Podi
1 Cup Channa dal/split chickpeas
1 Cup Split Black Gram dal
1/2 Cup Sesame seeds
2 Fist Full Curry leafs
35-40 Dried Red chilies
1 1/2 Tbsp Asafoetida
2 Tbsp Coarse salt
Do view my video recipe in detail post your comments...:)
- Heat a pan or wok on very low flame add the channa dal to the pan constantly keep stirring and dry roast the channa dal till light brown in color reserve the dal on a plate and place back the pan on the stove over low flame.
- Add the black gram dal to the pan and constantly keep stirring till the black gram dal on a low flame reserve the dal on a plate once it turns into light brown in color place the pan back on low flame.
- Add the sesame seeds and dry roast on a very low flame once it starts spluttering remove from flame reserve in a plate and place the pan back on a low flame.
- Add the curry leafs and dry roast the curry leafs along with curry leafs add asafoetida and dry roast for a minute reserve on a plate place back the pan on a very low flame.
- Add the red chilies and dry roast the red chilies till light brown in color reserve on a plate.
- In mixer jar add the roasted dals first along with the coarse salt pulse twice and grind till powder form reserve in a plate.
- Add the roasted chilies in the second round and grind till fine powder consistency mix the chilly powder along with the dal till well combined.
- Allow the chutney powder to cool completely before storing in a air tight container.
- Serve chutney powder along with sesame oil for idly, dosa or rice enjoy...:)