To prepare this same recipe in vegetarian version please click here to visit priyasfest.com thanks to priya for a wonderful most attractive and innovative recipe idea, this chicken mug biryani is inspired, and created after priya's blog.
Recipe Demo Video...Enjoy...:)
1/2 Kilo Boneless Chicken (I used chicken breast)
1/2 Kilo Basmati Rice
2 Fist Full Mint and Coriander
10 Green Chilies
2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Chicken Stock Cube
2 Tbsp Garam Masala Powder
1 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1/2 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tbsp Cumin Powder
3 Cardamom pods, 3 Cloves, 2 Inch Stick Cinnamon, 1/2 Tbsp Fennel Seeds.
1/2 Cup Yogurt
Salt as per taste
5 Tbsp Oil
3 Tbsp Ghee
Milk Half cup
2 Pinch Yellow color or Saffron strands
1 Cup Wheat flour
- Clean and wash the chilies add to a mixer jar to prepare paste.
- Using a mortar and pestle crush the cardamom cloves fennel and cinnamon.
- Peel was and slice the onion heat oil in a wok and fry the onion till light brown in color.
- Clean and wash the mint and coriander finely chop and reserve.
- Cut the chicken into bite size cubes wash and drain water reserve.
- Add yellow color to the milk.
- Prepare a tight dough with wheat flour and water.
- In a mixing bowl add the chicken, yogurt, crushed spice, garam masala, turmeric, chilly powder, cumin powder, ajinomoto, chicken stock cube, mint
- Heat oil and ghee in a wok add the marinated chicken and fry till the masala has cooked a bit add 2 to 3 cups water cover and allow to cook till well done.
- Boil water in a pot to cook rice add salt.
- Wash the basmati rice thrice and add to boiling water stir and allow to cook till rice is half done.
- The rice should be in breaking consistency ex:should have a bite. once the rice has cooked drain the water and reserve the rice.
- Spoon out the chicken into mug and pack the cooked rice.
- Drizzle the milk mixture.
- Roll out the dough into small roti and cover on the mug.
- Place the mugs in the oven at 180 degree for 15 to 20 minutes till well done.
- Open the dough to check if the rice has cooked once done...
Serve hot with raita and boiled eggs...enjoy...:)