For more recipes click the video and subscribe to me on youtube...:)
1/2 Cup Cooked Smashed Pigeon peas
2 Blanched Tomato(chopped)
1 Medium Onion (roughly chopped)
2 Medium Tender Murungakkai/Drum Sticks(Chopped into 2 inch)
4 Medium Brinjal/kathirikai(quartered)
2 Green Chilly (Slit)
1/2 Mango Cubed Please use totapuri mango
Coriander for garnish
3 Tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
1 1/2 Tbsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 Tsp Split Black Gram Dhal
5 Dried Red Chilly
A pinch Asafoetida
- Take 1/2 Cup Pigeon peas wash it thrice in running water add to pressure cooker and add 2 cups water along with the dhal add two whole tomato place the lid and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles till dhal goes mushy.
- Separate the tomato from the dhal once cooked chop and reserve. using a spoon mash the dhal reserve.
- Heat a heavy bottom handi or wok add oil add mustard seeds allow to splutter add urad dhal fry a bit add asafoetida, dry red chilly and curry leaves fry a bit.
- Add chopped onion and fry till light pink in color add drumsticks tomato, chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder fry a bit add 2 cups water cover and cook the drumsticks till half done.
- Add brinjal salt and cook till brinjal is half done add mango cover and cook till well done.
- Add dhal extra water stir and adjust the sour content bring to rapid boil garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice...Enjoy...:)
Please note to adjust sour taste in the sambar always have extra cooked dhal.