Recipe Demo Video...Like and Subscribe to me on Youtube...:)
100 Grams Bengal Gram/Kondai kadalai
100 Grams Brinjal
2 Large Potato
1 Large Onion
1 Large Tomato
2 Green Chillies
2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
1 1/2 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1 1/2 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Cup Fresh Coconut
Fist Full Coriander
4 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
Coriander leaves and lime juice for garnish.
- Wash the bengal gram twice add to a hot pack add hot water and cover the pack this way the gram will soak fast. allow to soak for at least 2 hours.
- Peel and cube potato
- Chop onion and tomato
- Remove the hard steam from brinjal and chop into half
- Slit the green chilly
- Add coconut and coriander to a mixer jar with little water grind to a smooth paste.
- Drain the soaked beans add to pressure cooker fill it with fresh water cover and cook for 4 to 5 whistles till beans are well done.
- On a medium flame place a heavy bottom pot add oil.
- Add ginger and garlic paste to the hot oil and fry till raw flavor has gone
- Add curry leaves allow to splutter a bit add onion and tomato fry a bit till onion turns transparent.
- Add chilly powder coriander powder and turmeric powder to the onion and fry a bit
- Add potato and fry a bit add salt and fry a bit add water and cover allow the potato to cook
- Once potato is almost cooked add brinjal stir well cover and cook till brinjal is half cooked
- Once brinjal is half cooked add the cooked beans stir and cover allow the brinjal to cook till well done.
- Add coconut paste stir add water and seasoning if needed allow the coconut to boil thoroughly till raw flavor has gone add lime juice and chopped coriander stir well and serve with rice and papad...this curry goes well even with idly and dosa...enjoy...:)