Pearl like looking dimsum is flavored with mustard coconut and asafoetida this recipe is prepared with leftover string hoppers dough its one of the most authentic and sort after recipes served during ganesh chaturti.
Video Demo Recipe...
1/2 Cup Sweet Corn
1 Finely Chopped Carrot
3 Finely Chopped Chilly
1/2 Onion Finely Chopped
1/2 Cup Grated Fresh Coconut
1 Sprig Curry Leaves
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
1 Tsp Split Black Gram Dal
Salt as per taste
1 Pinch Asafoetida
1 Cup Idiyappam Dough Please click here for recipe
2 Tsp Ghee or Oil
2 Tbsp Crushed Peanuts (optional)
1 Tsp Lime Juice
3 Sprigs Coriander Finely Chopped
- Add 1/2 amount grated coconut and salt as per taste to the dough and knead till well combined.
- Take small portions of dough and roll out into tiny balls.
- Place the prepared dough balls in a steamer and steam cook till well done.
- Heat a fry pan add oil add mustard seeds and allow to splutter add black gram dal and fry a bit add curry leaves and asafoetida fry a bit add chopped onion and fry add carrots chilly and corn fry till half cooked.
- Add salt and remaining coconut and fry a bit then add the steam cooked dough balls and fry a bit garnish with lime juice and coriander serve hot...Enjoy...:)