This recipe is served during ganesh chaturthi as per hindu myth when peanuts are served to lord ganesh he will bless you and your family longevity and good fortune thats the story my granny used to tell me i do not know how far that is true I'm truly in love with this yumminess...
Recipe Video Demo...
1 Cup Peanuts
1 Cup Jaggery
1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
Idiyappam Dough Click Here For Recipe
- Dry roast peanuts on medium flame till the skin peels off place it on a plate allow to air dry then using a kitchen towel rub the peanuts to remove skin and reserve.
- In a mixer jar add the peanuts and pulse twice till the peanuts are crushed.
- Heat a heavy bottom pot or wok add the jaggery and 1/4 cup water melt the jaggery and strain using a sieve.
- Place the jaggery back in the pot and bring to string consistency.
- Add the crushed peanuts and stir well till combined remove from flame allow to cool.
- While the peanut mixture is still warm take small portions of mixture roll out into ball.
- Take a portion of idiyappam dough make a well in the center and place the peanut ball in the center and gather all corners to form a modak.
- Heat a steamer and place the prepared modak inside the steamer and steam cook for 5 to 10 minutes till well done.