1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Cups Water
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Wash the rice thrice fill it with water and soak rice for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain excess water add rice to mixer jar and grind to a smooth batter 1/2 to 1 cup of water can be added while grinding.
- Heat a heavy bottom wok dilute the mixture with extra one cup water add to the pot constantly keep stirring add oil and keep stirring till the water evaporates and a dough like consistency has formed.
- Allow to cool a bit add 1 more tsp oil and knead the dough till soft consistency.
- Using a idiyappam press add dough to the press oil steaming plates add water to the steamer and bring to boil.
- Prepare idiyappam and place in steamer steam cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with grated coconut and sugar...enjoy...:)