From the day I'm blogging People have always kept on asking me nonstop for dinner ideas and something to serve up during parties...Kheema Upma is one of our family favorite and best kept family secret recipe we cook this recipe up for special occasions breakfast and dinner its always recommended to serve along with fried egg and raita...
Keema Upma Recipe Video
250 Grams Mutton Kheema
1/2 Cup Frozen or Fresh Peas
1 Potato (chopped into tiny cubes)
1 Large Onion(roughly chopped)
2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Tomato(roughly chopped)
2 Cups Bansi Rawa
4 Slit Green Chillies
2 Tbsp Chilly Powder, 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder, 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder, 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
1 Bay Leaf ,3 Cardamom Pods, 4 Cloves and 2 inch Stick Cinnamon
4 Tbsp Oil and Ghee
Mint, Coriander and Lime Juice for garnish
Salt as per taste
- In a heavy bottom pot add 2 tsp oil add 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste fry a bit add the meat and fry a bit add chilly powder turmeric powder coriander powder and salt keep frying add 1/2 cup water salt cover for a minute and cook once it starts to boil add chopped potato and peas cover and cook till water evaporates meat and veg should have cooked through.
- Heat a heavy bottom wok on medium flame add the bansi rawa keep stirring and dry roasting rawa once dry roasted it will turn brown in color remove from flame and reserve.
- Heat a heavy bottom wok on medium flame add oil and ghee once the oil is hot add ginger and garlic paste fry a bit till raw flavor has gone add whole spices bayleaf, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon allow to splutter a bit.
- Add onion and slit chilly fry a bit add tomato and fry a bit once the onion and tomato has reduced a bit add rawa and fry add salt as per taste and keep stirring and frying.
- Add 6 cups hot water and mix all ingredients add the kheema mixture and mix till well combined.
- Garnish with finely chopped mint coriander and lime juice mix well cover allow the rawa to absorb all the moisture once the oil separates a bit its done ready to serve...Serve hot with raita and fried egg...Enjoy...:)