Akki Rotti/Rice Roti
Video Recipe Demo...Do watch
2 Cups Rice Flour
2 Medium Onions(Finely chopped)
1/2 Freshly Grated Coconut
1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
5 to 6 Green Chillies(Finely chopped)
2 Sprigs Curry Leaves(Finely chopped)
Fist Full Coriander Finely chopped
4 Cups Warm Water
Salt as per taste
- Heat a heavy bottom wok on medium flame add rice flour and keep dry roasting till you get a sweet aroma while dry roasting then transfer on to a plate and allow to cool.
- Boil enough water to add and prepare a mixture.
- Heat 4 to 5 tbsp oil in a wok on medium flame first temper the oil with cumin and asafoetida once cumin splutters add onion chilly curry leaves and coriander fry a bit then add grated coconut and salt as per taste and fry.
- Add the dry roasted flour and mix till well combined.
- Add hot water and stir till it turns into a dough make sure the mixture do not form lumps.
- Take portions of dough using a butter paper or a plastic sheet wet your hands and transfer the dough ball on to the sheet flatten to make rotti if you have a puri/tortilla maker you can use that and prepare even roti.
- Heat a tawa/skillet on low flame and transfer the roti to it once golden to one side gently flip the roti to other side drissle few drops oil and fry till golden color and serve hot with chutney or ketchup...Enjoy...:)