Basa Fish Fry/Amritsari Fish Fry/Punjabi Fish Fry
Recipe Video Demo..
500 Grams Basa Fish or any other fish fillets
4 Tbsp Gram Flour/Besan
1/2 Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Tsp Kasoori Methi
1/4 Tsp Ajwain/Carom Seeds
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
Few drops orange food color(optional)
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
- Chop the fish fillets into cubes and wash thoroughly drain excess water and pat dry reserve in a mixing bowl.
- Take juice of half a lime add to the fish and mix well.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, kasoori methi, pepper, ajwain and garam masala mix well if you want fish spicy marinate in the masala for 1 hour the fish will soak up most of the marinate.
- Add egg and gram flour to the fish mix well if needed add food color. do not add water to mix.
- Once the fish has coated allow it to rest for few seconds heat up oil for frying in a wok.
- On medium flame start frying the fish till golden brown the oil will foam up while frying its due to egg we've added in the fish once the fish has fried drain oil and reserve on a paper towel then serve hot along with lime wedges onion and radish chutney...Enjoy...:)