Try something different for diwali excellent tea time snack...
Video Recipe Demo...
150 Grams Black eyed beans/Karamani
2 Medium Onion(Finely Chopped)
1/2 Cup Grated Coconut
Fist Full Mint and Coriander (Finely Chopped)
2 Sprigs Curry Leaves(Finely Chopped)
1/2 Cup Roasted Bengal Gram/Udacha Kadalai
8 Green Chillies
2 Inch Ginger
8 Pods Garlic
3 Cardamom Pods
1 Inch Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
- Wash and soak the black eyed beans in warm water for 6 hours.
- Add the bengal gram to mixer jar grind to fine powder reserve.
- Add the chillies, fennel, ginger,garlic, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon to a mixer jar grind to a paste.
- Using a colander drain the excess moisture from the beans.
- In a mixer jar add the beans pulse twice and grind on 2 setting for a minute add water if needed grind to a paste reserve in a mixing bowl.
- Add the masala paste to the batter along with roasted bengal gram flour, onion, chilly, curry leaves, coriander, mint and coconut to the mixture and mix well.
- Take small portions of batter and add salt as per taste.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium flame take portions of batter flatten and drop in oil fry till golden brown on color drain oil serve hot with meals or tea...Enjoy...:)