Cashew Apple/Munthiri Apple
2 Cups Cashew
1 Cup Sugar
Cardamom Flavor or Rose Essence Few Drops
Food Colors Yellow and Orange
00 Paint Brush
1 Tooth Pick or Skewer
4 Tbsp Milk Powder (optional)
- In a Mixer Jar add the 1 cup cashew at a time and pulse thrice till powdered.
Recipe Demo Video
- Place the sugar and water on medium flame bring to a boil keep stirring till sugar melts.
- Add cardamom flavor and yellow food color keep stirring till you get one string consistency.
- Reserve a tsp of sugar syrup in a bowl.
- Add the cashew powder to melted sugar syrup stir vigorously till well combined.
- Constantly keep stirring the cashew paste till it forms almost a ball consistency remove from heat allow to cool a bit.
- While the mixture is still warm start forming balls reserve to cool.
- Add orange food color the the sugar syrup which was reserved mix well.
- To get better grip place the sweet on a skewer and start to paint the orange food color on the ball once its shaded and looks like a apple place a clove for decoration serve...Enjoy...:)