Medu Vada Video Recipe Demo....:)
2 Cups Black Gram Dal
8 Green Chillies
1 Inch Ginger
2 Medium Onions
Fist Full Coriander
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
- Wash and soak the gram dal till it doubles in size.
- Drain water using a colander.
- Add dal to mixerjar and grind sprinkle little water and grind to a smooth paste reserve in a mixing bowl.
- In a mixerjar add chilly and ginger grind to a paste.
- Finely chop onion and coriander.
- Add the masala paste to the ground batter along with coriander and onion mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium flame.
- Reserve little batter in a bowl and mix salt to the amount of vadas your going to prepare.
- Wet your hands take portions of batter form vada shape and gently drop in oil.
- Gently flip and fry till golden and crisp drain oil and serve hot with chutney...Enjoy...:)
- If your unable to form shape add some powdered poha or rawa to the vada mixture it will soak up moisture and you can form shapes easily.
- Vadas wont remain crisp all the time they will soften eventually try to preserve them in zip lock bags and freeze you can prepare a new recipe or dahi vadas when ever needed.
- Do not add salt to entire batter onions will sweat and the batter will become watery