Fried Apple Pie Spring Rolls
We had too many apples sitting on the counter no one at home were interested to eat them did little bit of surfing and found this wonderful recipe on google bookmarked and prepared it was truly a treat we loved munching on these crunchy apple centered goodies...
2 to 3 Apples
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Stick of Cinnamon or 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
A pinch Nutmeg
2 Tbsp Butter
1/2 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Maida
1 Tbsp Corn Flour
Spring Roll Sheets
Oil for frying
Ice Cream and Caramel sauce to Garnish
- Peel and chop apples.
- In a mixer jar add sugar and spices grind till powdered well
- In a mixing bowl add the apples and powdered sugar mix well cover allow to rest for 1 hour
- Mix the maida and corn flour in little bit of water and reserve.
- Heat a heavy bottom nonstick wok or pan add the marinated apples cook on low flame.
- Add water and cook the apple till well done smash a bit add butter and cook the apples till the moisture evaporates.
- Allow the apple mixture to cool completely place in fridge to set.
- Take a spring roll sheet place on a dry surface to one corner of the spring roll sheet place the apple mixture.
- Fold the flap and the sides to form an envelope roll the sheet to the other corner slightly dab with maida mixture roll to cover all edges. please follow the picture collage to roll the spring roll.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium flame gently drop the spring rolls and fry till light golden in color drain oil and serve hot along with ice cream and caramel...Enjoy...:)