In south India everyone has their own recipe for pepper fry this is my version and its perfect for monsoons...do you know black pepper is good for stomach aliments which helps prevent gastric problems also breaks down fatty cells try to add and incorporate black pepper in every meal you cook...
Do watch my recipe demo...
1Kilo Chicken thighs or curry cut chicken
1 Cup Yoghurt
4 Dried Red Chillies
5 to 6 Green Chillies
1 Whole Garlic
1 Inch Ginger
1 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
3 Pods Cardamom
1 Inch Stick Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Fennel
1/4 Tsp Cumin
2 Strands Javitri (Mace)
1 Tbsp Whole Black Pepper corns
Salt as per taste
Oil and ghee as required
Coriander mint and lime juice for garnish
- Wash and clean the chicken gash the chicken and drain excess moisture using and colander or pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl add yoghurt and turmeric massage the chicken well with yoghurt allow to marinate for an hour.
- Heat a pan with a tsp of oil and ghee add ginger garlic fry a bit add chillies fry a bit.
- Add the whole spices and fry till spices crackle a bit remove from flame allow to cool.
- Once the ingredients have cooled down a bit add to a coffee blender add a splash of water and grind to a smooth paste.
Best Served with Rasam Rice....
Gravy Tastes Yum with Roti...
- Heat a heavy bottom pan with 4 tbsp of oil and ghee place the marinated chicken and sear on both sides if there is excess marinate discard it.
- Now add the masala paste to the chicken dont waste any add a splash of water to the grinder and wash down every bit of masala add the masala water to the chicken.
- Add salt as per taste keep tossing a bit place the flame on low and allow the chicken to cook in its own juices.
- Once the chicken has cooked you can see a lot of gravy you can serve as it is or place the flame on medium and allow the gravy to dry out.
- Once the chicken is cooked as per the desired consistency sprinkle finely chopped mint and coriander add a tbsp lime juice and serve hot with rice or as a starter....Happy times...:)
Perfect side dish for a south indian meal....
Happiness in every bite....