Monsoons are here and this chill climate is making me crave for some home cooked goodies...
Do watch my video recipe...
Veggies of your choice (Brinjal, Potato, Onion, tomato and Capsicum)
1 Cup Chickpea Flour
1 to 2 Tbsp Rice Flour
2 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1/4 Tsp Hing(Asafoetida)
1 Pinch Cooking Soda
1/4 Carom seeds or Cumin Powder
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
- Wash all the veggies and pat dry.
- Place a big bowl of water next to you while chopping all the veggies.
- Chop the veggies into desired shapes make sure to chop the veggies into thin slices its easy to dip in the batter and fry them.
- After chopping veggies into desired shapes place them in a bowl of water this way the veggies will not turn dark in colour.
- On medium flame heat oil in a wok to deep fry battered veggies.
- In a mixing bowl sift the chickpea flour and rice flour add cooking soda, chilly powder, hing cumin powder, salt and add 2 tbsp of hot oil to create a batter mix all ingredients till well combined. add water and create a batter. the batter should coat the veggies..
- Add 2 tbsp of hot oil to the batter and mix well this way the bajji will not absorb excess oil.
- Dip the veggie slices in batter drop in hot oil toss and fry the bajji till light golden in color serve hot with ketchup...Enjoy...:)