Bombay Rava Roti with Coriander Coconut Chutney
Rava roti is a quick tiffin item to prepare. I like to serve these rotis with coriander coconut chutney.
Video Recipe Demo...
2 Cups Bombay Rava(fine semolina)
1+1/4 Cup Maida (all purpose flour)
Oil as required
2 Cups Water
Salt as per tasteMethod:
- In a heavy bottom pot add water salt and oil bring to a rapid boil.
- Add semolina and keep stirring till the semolina observes all the moisture.
- Keep mixing the semolina till there is no lumps remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Reserve the semolina mixture on a work surface sprinkle a fist full of maida and add 1 tbsp of oil start to knead the semolina till it forms a soft dough format.
- Allow the dough to rest for an hour.
- Take golf ball size portions of dough dust it in flour and roll out into roti.
- Heat a skillet transfer the roti to the skillet and fry each side for a minute add a tsp of oil for both sides and fry both sides for another minute once done serve hot with chutney...Enjoy...:)
For the Coconut Coriander Chutney:
1 Cup Fresh Coconut
3 Green Chillies
Fist Full of Coriander
4 Tbsp Of roasted Bengal Gram
1 inch Ginger
Tiny Piece Tamarind
Salt as per taste.
- Add all the above ingredients to a mixerjar and grind to a smooth paste.
- Temper with mustard and asafoetida mix and serve.
Websites and Food Bloggers Please dont copy my pics and recipe its a original recipe if i find my pics or recipe on your blogs I will press charges for copyrights.