I cant even tell how good these crispy cheese sticks were it was ooey gooey and prefect for this monsoon weather. Recipe is simple if the steps and timing are followed.
Recipe Video...Subscribe to me on YT for more recipe videos...
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Mozzarella
1 Cup Maida(All purpose flour)
5 Tbsp Corn Starch
2 Cups Breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp Pepper
1/2 Tsp Basil
1/2 Tsp Pizza Seasoning
Salt as required
Oil for frying
- Using a fine grater grate the cheese and bring it to room temperature.
- Spread the bread crumbs on a plate.
- Combine maida and corn flour with a tsp of salt add water and mix till thin batter .
- In a mixing bowl add the shredded cheese along with 1/2 tsp pepper powder a pinch of salt and pizza seasoning mix well.
- If the cheese is in room temperature it will be easy to handle knead to a dough format.
- There are 2 ways in preparing these cheese sticks either you take a small portions of cheese and roll it out into uniform sticks or roll the dough as roti and cut into uniform sticks.
- I chose to roll it like roti and then cut it into sticks.
- Dust the work surface with maida and roll out the cheese dough into 1 inch thickness.
- Trim the edges and cut into equal sticks follow the step till you finish using up all the dough.
- Place the sticks on a plate and cover with cling film place it in the freezer.
- Freeze the cheese stick for 2 hours.
By Freezing these cheese sticks its easy to handle and wont get soggy while breading.
After 2 hours:
- Get prepared to bread the sticks make sure the batter and bread crumbs are ready.
- Remove the cheese from freezer try to gently separate the sticks.
- Be really fast while breading the stick dip each stick into the batter shake of excess batter and roll it into the bread crumbs place it back on the same place cover and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
After 2 Hours:
- Start seasoning the bread crumbs with basil, a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper powder mix till well combined and spread on a plate.
- Remove the cheese stick from freezer and dip into batter roll it in to the bread crumbs and place it back on the plate.
- Freeze the sticks again for an hour.
After 1 Hour:
- Heat oil on medium flame the oil should be almost to a smoky point.
- Remove 10 sticks at a time from the freezer and start frying till golden brown serve hot with ketchup and enjoy...:)
I will recommend to store the cheese sticks in a Tupperware freezer box and fry when required only take as many sticks your going to serve if you remove the entire batch of sticks for frying each time it can tend to get soggy and will get messy. these sticks store upto 2 weeks in the freezer it best when served as a cocktail snack or for a birthday party.
Please dont copy my recipe and pics plagiarism is an offence. I have created and perfected this recipe after several attempts and demand credit for my hard work if my work is copied and I stumble on your website or Blog I will press charges for copyrights. Please support Blogger Community.