Arcot-Style Mutton Kathirikai Kuzhambu/ Southindian Brinjal Mutton Curry
This is one simple and very affordable recipe for everyone. These type of curries are typical in every southindian home on sunday we enjoy every bit just rice rasam a salad or raita along with the curry is a feast on its own. Some Simple things in life can never be bought its always prepared with love.
Subscribe for more videos...
750 Grams Mutton
250 Grams Brinjal Chopped in big chunks
2 Onion Chopped
2 Chilies Slit
1/4 Fresh Coconut
Fist Full Coriander
1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
1 1/2 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
2 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
3 Inch Sticks Cinnamon
4 Cardamom Pods
1 Piece Star Anise
2 Tbsp Ghee
3 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
For Garnish 1/2 lime juice and chopped coriander
- Heat a pressure cooker on medium flame add 2 tbsp oil once oil heats up add to it 2 sticks cinnamon, 3 cloves, 2 pods cardamom and star annise allow to splutter a bit.
- Add 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste fry a bit.
- Add the meat and toss to fry add chilly, tumeric and coriander powder toss to coat add 1 tsp salt and fry till moisture releases add 2 cups water and place a cover and whistle cook for 3 whistles or until meat is fork tender.
- Heat a wok or heavy bottom pot with 2 tbsp ghee and 1 tbsp oil on medium flame add the remainder spices allow to splutter a bit add the onion, chilly and ginger garlic paste fry until raw flavor has gone.
- This step is optional I did add 1/2 tsp of chilly powder and a pinch of tumeric powder to the onion while frying I like my curries a bit spicy and hot adjust the heat as per your taste.
- Once the onion fries and starts to turn brown add brinjal and fry a bit add the cooked meat to the brinjal adjust salt and water cook the vegetable until half done.
- Grind the coconut and coriander to a smooth paste add very little water while grinding the coconut.
- Once the brinjal is half done add the coconut paste to the curry and bring to a boil cover and allow to cook until well done and the raw flavor from the coconut should be reduced once done garnish with chopped coriander and lime juice and serve hot with rice...Enjoy...:)
Please do not copy content and pics from this blog. please support me by commenting and liking my videos help me and blogging community.