I'm on: Zomato Like me: Facebook Subscribe: Youtube English Youtube Tamil Find me:G+ Send Me: Tweets
I had this insane sweet tooth and wanted hot gulab jamuns that mom used to prepare during winter without wasting a minute I prepared jamuns for me with whatever ingredients I could get hold of. They turned out really good and wanted to share my recipe with you guys. Gulab Jamuns is an ultimate dessert that every Indian craves. I've improvised the recipe and made it very easy to prepare. These jamuns double in volume and are soft, I will be posting ammas gulab jamun recipe soon.
200 Grams Khova/Khoya(milk solids)
4 Pods Cardamom
1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
2 1/2 Cups Sugar
3 Tbsp Suji/Fine Semolina(bombay/chirotti rawa)
A pinch of yellow color
Rose or kewra essence (optional)
3 Cups Water
- Make sure the khova is in room temperature. start by adding the khova in a mixing bowl crumble and knead a bit there should not be any lumps in the khova.
- Add the suji and maida little at a time and incorporate until crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle little water at a time and knead until soft dough cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Add the 3 cups of water to a heavy bottom pot and bring to a rapid boil add sugar and cardamom pods allow the sugar to melt and the water consistency to reduce a bit once the sugar syrup is done add food color stir and remove from flame.
- Take small portions of the dough and create even roundels.
- Heat equal amount of ghee and oil on medium flame gently drop the jamuns one by one in hot oil do not over crowd the jamuns fry 5 to 6 at a time keep tossing and fry.
- In 2 minutes the volume of jamuns will double keep tossing and frying for 3 minutes once the jamuns turn even golden colour drain the excess oil and place over a tissue paper repeat the process and fry all the jamuns.
- Once the sugar syrup is cooled add the jamuns to the syrup and allow to soak over night.
- The Jamuns will soak up all the syrup and will taste real good next day garnish with nuts and colored coconut and serve. If you prefer hot jamuns heat it a bit in microwave and serve hot...Enjoy...:)
In case you dont find self raising flour use all purpose flour(maida) + 1/4 tsp cooking soda.
Please do not copy content and pics from vidyascooking. Thank you so much for visiting. Happy cooking.