Sakkarai Pongal/Sweet Pongal(Sihi Pongal)
Anaivarukkum Iniya Pongal Nalvazhthukkal!!!!
Do view the recipe video.
1/2 Cup Rice + 1/2 Cup Moong Dhal
1 Cup Jaggery
3 Pods Cardamom
3+1 Tbsp Ghee
Edible camphor is also used in this pongal if you wish too add a small piece.
Please note for every 1 cup of rice and dhal add 4 cups water or you can also add 3 cups water and 1 cup milk this way the pongal has perfect consistency and is cooked to a mushy consistency.
- Wash the rice and dhal soak the rice and dhal for 10 minutes.
- Melt the jaggery with 1/4 cup water on low flame keep stirring until the jaggery melts.
- Using a tea strainer strain the jaggery this will remove the stone or any dust in the jaggery.
- Now drain the excess water for the rice and add to the pressure cooker add 4 cups water the cardamom pods cover and cook for 4 whistles.
- Place a fry pan on low flame heat ghee add the cashew and raisins fry a bit and reserve.
- Once the rice is cooked using back of the spoon mash it a bit add the jaggery and mix well.
- Place the rice back on low flame stir and cook for 5 minutes make sure it does not turn into a lump the rice must be a bit flowy.
- Garnish the rice with cashew raisins and ghee mix and serve hot...Enjoy...:)
For restaurant reviews visit me onZomato