Easy Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Chocolate fudge is one of my favorite dishes to prepare. Not many ingredients needed totally affordable and easy to prepare all that we need is two varieties of cooking chocolate, food colors and flavors.
While preparing this fudge I found out that liquid food coloring tends to turn the texture of the chocolate its best to use powder or gel based food color for this recipe. As far as flavors add oil based flavors for all chocolate dishes watery or liquid based flavors tends to thin and covert the chocolate base. However the only water based flavor suitable to use in chocolate is vanilla this is all done on my personal research.
I also recycled and reused chocolate box for presentation just covered with fancy paper created a bow out of a ribbon which I already had. this DIY costed me only 300/- which is in my budget I'll share this chocolate fudge among 4 friends and neighbors for Valentines day. these chocolates store very well in the fridge when placed inside airtight container.
2 Cups Cooking Grade White Chocolate is roughly about 250 Grams.
1 Cup Cooking Grade Milk or Dark Chocolate is 125 Grams
4 Tbsp Condensed Milk
4 Tbsp Fresh Cream
4 to 5 Drops Vanilla or Orange Flavor
1 to 1 1/2 Tsp Food Color Orange and Cherry Red
Chopped Nuts and Cherry can also be used in fudge it enhances the taste and texture.
- In a Micro Safe bowl add the chopped chocolate, condensed milk and cream place it the microwave for 30 seconds stir and place it back in the microwave for 30 seconds in 1 1/2 minutes the chocolate should've melted and combined well with the cream and condensed milk.
- If you do not have a microwave this fudge can be prepared on stove place a nonstick kadai on low flame add chocolate condensed milk and cream constantly keep stirring and melt the chocolate once the chocolate melts the fudge is done remove from flame and transfer in a different bowl to stop cooking further.
- Divided the chocolate fudge in two portions add the desired flavors and color stir and mix well.
- Line a square tupperware container or plate which you want to set the fudge in pour the fudge into the lined container and allow to set in the fridge over night.
- Once the fudge is set remove from fridge cut into desired shapes and freeze it for 2 to 3 hours this step is really important if we dip the fudge in hot milk chocolate it will not melt and will retain its shape.
- Cover a plate with foil and set aside once the fudge is coated with chocolate we need to place it on the plate for it to set.
- Melt the chocolate in the micro wave in every 30 second intervals or use a double boiler to melt the chocolate once the chocolate is melted remove the fudge from the fridge and dip in chocolate tap and remove excess chocolate out and place it back in the fridge to set.
- Once set the fudge can be stored in a air tight container and served when ever desired...Wishing every one a very sweet and Happy Valentines...Happy Cooking...:)