Aha super prawn ghee roast excellent side dish for biryani, roti, plain white bread or just hot rasam rice. The aroma of ghee is so soothing and the fiery masala will tingle your taste-buds and salivate you for more...
For Restaurant Reviews Visit me on Zomato...
1/2 Kilo Prawns (Shelled and deveined)
4 Kashmiri Chillies
5 Guntur Chillies
1 Tsp Pepper Corns
1/4 Tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 Tsp Fenugreek seeds
1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
Tamarind Small Amla Size
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1/2 Cup Yogurt
1/2 Lime Juice
1 Whole bulb Garlic
Ghee as required
Salt as per taste.
Like and Follow me on Facebook for regular updates...Prep Up:
- Please follow this step one day ahead wash the kashmiri and guntur chillies soak the chillies in warm water for 6 to 8 hours drain the water and reserve the chillies.
- Clean the prawns wash and allow the excess moisture to drain using a colander.
- Heat 1/4 Cup remove from flame add tamarind to the warm water allow to soak for 10 minutes once soaked squeeze the tamarind and extract the pulp.
- Peel the garlic wash and reserve the pods.
- Heat a small fry pan toast the pepper corns, fenugreek, mustard and cumin once the spices stops to splutter add to a coffee grinder and grind to a powder format add the garlic and soaked chillies with a splash of water and grind further to form a smooth paste.
- First we need to marinate the prawns add the lime juice, yogurt, chilly powder, turmeric and a dash of salt to the prawns mix all the ingredients till well combined cover and allow the prawn to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsp Ghee to a pan place it on medium flame add the asafoetida once the asafoetida splutters a bit toss in the prawns stir and fry just for a minute.
- Using a slotted spoon drain and reserve the prawns.
- Add the masala paste to the marinate with is cooking in the pan stir and fry till ghee surfaces on top.
- Transfer the prawns back to the masala toss and coat the prawn with masala adjust the salt add 2 to 3 tbsp of tamarind pulp mix and cook the prawns for 5 minutes.
- If you want the masala paste dry allow the prawns to cook on high flame for and extra 2 minutes.
- Add 2 more tbsp of ghee toss and fry and bit once the ghee surfaces on the pan transfer to a serving plate garnish with curry leaves lime wedges and onion slices...Serve hot...Enjoy...:)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog space. Do try my recipes and post your comments. Please do not copy any content pics and recipes for media use with out my permission if any content required contact me Via mail email@example.com Have a blessed day ahead...Happy Cooking...:)