Mutton Vindaloo Recipe
Mutton Vindaloo is my favorite childhood dish all I remember is steaming hot rice with ghee and vindaloo masala that mom used to mix for me. This recipe is a typical goan dish but some how its really famous in Bangalore...
If you want to purchase vindaloo masala then you must approach Street hawkers who sell mint and coriander in Bangalore (Shivajinagar, dharmaraja kovil street and ulsoor) they will give you the set of ingredients required to prepare vindaloo all we need to do is wash the meat and prepare the masala and cook it to perfection they will also give you the recipe if you want...this is something I've been seeing as a kid people flocking to Sunday market just to purchase this mixed bag of ingredients and to this day I still follow my dad to the market to purchase the masala...
750 Grams Mutton
1/2 Medium Onion
4 Green Chilies
2 Dried Red Chilies
3 Sprigs Curry leaves
15 Pods Garlic Pearls Peeled
2 Inch Ginger Peeled
Spices: 1/2 Tsp Coriander,Cumin 1/4 Tsp Fennel, Pepper Corns, 4 to 5 Cloves and Cardamom, 2 Inch Sticks Cinnamon, Small Pieces Nutmeg, 2 Strands Mace.
1 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
2 Tbsp Malt Vinegar
1/4 Tsp Sugar
Oil and Ghee as needed
Salt as per taste..
- Wash the meat thoroughly and allow the excess moisture to drain out.
- Heat a wok on low to medium flame with 2 tsp ghee add all the spices allow to splutter a bit add half and onion roughly chopped along with 2 dried and 2 green chilies, sugar, curry leaves. garlic and ginger fry till onion turns transparent remove from flame and allow to cool..
- Place a pressure cooker on medium flame add the meat to the cooker along with chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder salt and 2 green chilies fry the meat on low flame once the meat releases moisture add 2 cups water cover and place a whistle and cook meat till tender..
- Add the fried condiments to a mixer jar with a splash of water and grind till smooth paste.
- Heat a wok on medium flame add ghee and oil add the ground masala to the oil and fry till oil surfaces add the cooked meat to the masala check for salt and adjust the salt and water if needed allow the meat to blend in with the spices..
- Add vinegar and stir allow the oil to surface in the gravy serve hot with steamed rice..Enjoy..:)
Please do not copy any content and pics from this blog if any material required for use contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org do try the recipe and post your comments thank you so much for visiting my space..