Curried Carrot Soup Recipe
The windy and untimely rains here in India is making all of us crave for fried goodies, which is not healthy. I created this curried carrot soup to satisfy my cravings. This is a healthy soup packed with nutrients and a complete meal when served with cheese toast.
we can switch up the ingredients in this recipe instead of using a regular potato sweet potato can be added we can also add yellow pumpkin and beets the intake of these veggies along with carrots on a regular basis is a must.
3 Carrots + 1 Potato + 1 Onion Peeled and Chopped
1 Inch Ginger Peeled
4 Pods Garlic Peeled
3 Sprigs Curry Leaves
Wash peel and chop all the veggies...
1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Black Pepper Corns
1 Tsp Cumin seeds
2 Pods Cardamom
1 Inch Stick Cinnamon
1 Stock Cube or 2 Cups of chicken or vegetable stock
2 Cups Water
Salt as per taste
Juice of 1/2 Lime
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Ghee
- Heat a heavy bottom pot or pressure cooker on low to medium flame add ghee and oil.
- Once the oil and ghee is hot add all the spices coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper corns, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, and cumin fry a bit till the spice splutter..
- Add the chilies, garlic and ginger to the spices and fry just a bit.
- Add the washed and chopped veggies fry on very low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock cube and water stir and bring to a boil cover and simmer until the veggies are fork tender. If your using a pressure cooker cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once the veggies are cooked thoroughly strain all the veggies and reserve the broth.
- Add the veggies and strained spices to a mixer jar and grind to a smooth paste.
- Using a sieve strain the pulp and place the soup back on low flame mix the reserved broth add salt and lime juice mix well bring to a boil and serve hot with croutons...Enjoy...:)