Lemon chicken dish was very new to me. I first tasted this at a restaurant located very close to my house. We loved this dish so much my dad would purchase this lime chicken from them every week for some reason they took down this dish from the menu..which left us really disappointed.
Just the other day when I was catching up with my friends in the same restaurant we happen to meet the head chef after a brief talk and
maska chaska some how I got the recipe from him.
The moment I got the recipe did my grocery shopping and headed back home to try this dish it turned out perfect with few changes I nailed this recipe we already prepared this dish a few times now, super simple and affordable..
500 Grams Chicken Breasts
Cut into strips
1 Medium Onion finely chopped
1 Tbsp Ginger finely chopped
1 Tbsp Garlic finely chopped
1 Tbsp Pepper powder
1/2 Tsp MSG(Ajinomoto)
2 Tbsp Maida(All purpose flour)
2 Tbsp Corn Flour
3 to 5 Chilies slit
2 + 1 Tbsp Soya Sauce
1 Chicken Stock Cube or 2 Tbsp Chicken Soup mix
we can also use left over mutton or chicken soup for this recipe
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
Juice of 1 whole Lime and Rind
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste..
Marination of Chicken:
- Wash the chicken thoroughly allow all the excess moisture to drain in the colander and then transfer to a mixing bowl..
- To the chicken add pepper powder, salt as per taste, egg, soya sauce , corn flour and maida.
- Mix all the ingredients till well combined.
- Cover the chicken and allow to marinated for 10 minutes on the kitchen counter.
- After marinating the chicken for 10 minutes. Heat a wok with oil for frying on medium flame.
- Once the oil is hot and small bubbles appear gently drop the marinated chicken strips one by one fry the chicken for 2 minutes on each side.
- Once the chicken turns light golden brown in color drain the excess oil and place the fried chicken on a plate lined with tissue paper to drain out excess oil..
- Wash and pat dry the lime using a potato peeler peel the lime rind and juice the lime. Chop the lime rind into bite size pieces..
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a wok or use up the fried chicken oil it will add to taste.
- Once the oil is hot add ginger, garlic and onion fry till transparent. Add the slit chilies and fry a bit..
- Add 1 cup water and stock cube stir and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce starts to boil add 1 tbsp soya sauce and yellow food color stir and add the corn starch stir well to form a smooth stock..
- Add msg and salt stir add the lime rind and juice stir well before adding the chicken.
- Once the sauce forms a glossy texture add the fried chicken and mix well bring to boil garnish with coriander and serve hot with fried rice, noodles or roti...Enjoy...:)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog. Do try the recipe and post your comments. please do not copy any content with out written permission contact me via: email@example.com