To Prepare Veggie Ball: Finely Chopped 2 Carrots, 1/2 Cup Beans, 1/2 Cup Cabbage, 1 Onion and 3 Chillies...adding sweet corn is optional if you want to add corn make sure to chop and add the corn kernels I used about 1/2 Cup Corn..
1 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1 Cup Maida(all purpose flour)
5 Tbsp Corn Flour
To Prepare Sauce:Finely Chopped 2 Tbsp Garlic, 1 Onion , 1 Capsicum, 5 Sprigs Sprigs Spring Onion, 2 Green Chillies
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Ketchup
1 Tbsp Vinegar
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
Water or Stock to adjust
MSG + 1 Tsp Sugar
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl add all the chopped veggies given in the list to make veggie balls.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, add salt mix well allow to rest for 1/2 hour this way the veggies will release moisture.
- In a mixing bowl mix maida and corn flour reserve.
- Once the veggies have released moisture add the corn flour and maida in batches and mix the veggies. Sprinkle a bit of water and create a tight dough.
- Wet hand and start to create veggie balls..Take equal amount dough and form even balls..
- Heat oil in a wok on low flame once the oil starts to smoke a bit gently drop the created veggie balls and fry on low flame till half done..
- Drain the excess oil and reserve. Fry all the veggie balls in the same manner..
- After 10 minutes heat the oil on medium drop the half cooked veggie balls in batches and fry till golden brown in color drain all the excess oil and reserve..
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in the wok or reserve the same fried oil using the same wok.
- Start with frying the finely chopped garlic, onion, chillies and capsicum
- Once the onion turns transparent add spring onion fry till light brown in color..
- Add the tomato ketchup, soya sauce and vinegar fry a bit.
- Add a pinch of MSG+sugar+salt as per taste fry a bit.
- Mix corn flour in a bowl add the corn starch to the sauce and stir adjust the sauce by adding chicken stock or water once the sauce starts to boil add the veggie balls and stir..Garnish with finely chopped spring onions and serve hot...Enjoy...:)