Chicken and prawn poppers was an experimental recipe which somehow surprisingly turned out yummy. I would call this dish a mix between chicken popcorn and nuggets.
people always keep writing to me and keep asking me if they do not have soya sauce, lime juice or chilly sauce what can be replaced. I cannot replace the ingredient but we can surely try and incorporate new ingredient if it turns out good then its our sheer luck.
Few ingredients that you may not have in hand and want to replace that ingredient would be lime juice...instead of lime I always use vinegar or yogurt you can also add fish sauce or soya sauce. If you dont have soya leave it out. chilly sauce always enhances the taste of such dishes do reduce the chilly and add chilly sauce if you like the taste.
200 Grms Prawns
100 Grams Chicken Breast or mince
1 Medium Onion
3 to 4 Green Chilies
Fist Full Coriander leaves
1 Sprig Curry Leaf
1 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic paste
1/2 Tbsp Garam Masala
1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 Tsp Soya
1/4 Tsp Lime Juice
1/2 Cup Maida(all purpose flour)
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying..
- Shell and devein the prawns wash drain and reserve.
- Chop the chicken into chunks wash drain and reserve.
- Peel the onion wash onion and chop reserve.
- In a mixer jar add the prawns pulse twice and reserve in a mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken to the same grinder pulse twice and grind on one speed and add to the prawns.
- In the same grinder jar add onion, coriander, curry leaves, and chilies add splash of water and grind till smooth paste transfer to the chicken and prawn mixture.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, garam masala, soyasauce, lime juice, turmeric and salt to the prawns and chicken mix well cover allow to marinate in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Spread maida in a plate take small portion of the prawn and chicken mixture and drop in the flour coat well shake of extra flour.
- Spread bread crumbs in a plate. Whisk and reserve the egg. heat oil in a wok on low flame.
- Dip the chicken and prawn poppers in egg and roll it in bread crumbs shake out excess crumbs reserve.
- Once the oil is hot drop the poppers gently one by one in hot oil fry till light golden brown in color on slow flame drain excess oil and place on tissue paper serve hot with lime wedges enjoy...:)
Please do not copy any content with out written permission from me contact me email@example.com.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog do try the recipes and post your comments.