Methi Matar Malai is a very simple and easy recipe to prepare. Excellent side dish to serve with phulkas, roti or pulao. Normally in high end restaurants they will add cashew paste if you like the taste of cashew paste in the dish then avoid the maida and add 4 Tbsp cashew paste. we can also add paneer or cauliflower to the gravy.
3 Medium Onions (Peeled and chopped roughly)
4 to 5 Chilies
2 Cups Fenugreek (Methi)leaves Cleaned and washed
1 Cup Frozen or Fresh Green Peas
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg powder
2 Tbsp Maida(allpurposeflour)
3 Tbsp Fresh Cream
2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 Tsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1 Inch Stick Cinnamon
2 Pods Cardamom
1 1/2 Tsp Ghee
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Oil
- In a mixer jar add the onion and chillies along with a splash of water and grind till smooth paste..
- Heat a heavy bottom wok or pan on medium flame add ghee and oil once the oil and ghee is hot add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom allow to splutter a bit.
- To the spices add the ground chilly and onion paste along with ginger and garlic fry till there is no moisture and oil should surface on the side.
- Add the methi leaves and fry a bit once the greens wilts down a bit add the peas and fry for a minute.
- Add salt and sugar along with one cup water cover and cook the peas till tender.
- Once the peas have cooked add the maida and fry till raw flavor from the flour has gone. add 1 cup milk at a time and stir once all the milk is added bring to boil.
- Add nutmeg powder and stir switch of the flame and add the fresh cream stir and serve hot...Enjoy...:)