Keema Do Pyaaza is an excellent side dish to be served with pulkhas or bhakri roti. I personally love it with jeera rice yummy dish to prepare when shallots (sambar onion or baby onions) are in season. We can also use any seasonal veggies and greens in this recipe like cauliflower, peas, double beans and palak.
500 Kilo Keema (Chicken or Mutton)
1/4 Cup Peas
1 Onion Chopped
1 Tomato Chopped
3 Green Chilies Chopped
1 Onion Cubed or 1 Cup Baby Onion (shallots)
1 + 1/2 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1 Tsp Chilly powder
1/4 Tsp Pepper powder
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
2 Dried Red Chilies
1 Tsp Garam Masala(if we are using chicken tandoori or kitchen king masala can also be used)
1 Tbsp Ghee
2 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
Finely Chopped Mint +Coriander +1/2 lime juice for garnish..
- In a pressure pan add the washed minced meat with 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp pepper powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala add water a pinch of salt and cook the meat till well done or cover the cooker and allow to cook for 2 whistles
- Heat a pan or wok on medium flame with ghee add the cubed onion and fry until light pink in color reserve in a bowl.
- In the same pan add oil once the oil is hot add broken chilies, 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste fry until raw flavor has gone.
- Add the dry masalas chilly powder, pepper powder, turmeric and garam masala to the ginger and garlic paste and fry a bit.
- Add the finely chopped onion, tomato and chilies fry a bit add a pinch of salt and fry till the onion turn transparent.
- Once the masala has fried add the cooked meat fry untill thoroughly mixed in the masala. Add peas and 1/4 cup water adjust salt as per taste stir and cover for 5 to 10 minutes until the meat has combined in the masala.
- After 10 minutes give the meat a good stir garnish with chopped mint coriander and lime juice...serve hot with roti...Enjoy...:)