Somebody asked me are you celebrating world vegetarian day..."I said What? Now do we have a day to celebrate vegetarian day?? I was totally unaware of this celebration/day...What is World Vegetarian Day? Where did it all Start?
North American Vegetarian Society in 1977 and endorsed by the International Vegetarian Union in 1978, "To promote the joy, compassion and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism It brings awareness to the ethical, environmental, health and humanitarian benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.
I'm a Happy Indian. We need not celebrate vegetarian day 90% of our home cooked daily meal is all veg and we thoroughly enjoy simple living..World Vegetarian Day initiates the month of October as Vegetarian Awareness Month, which ends with November 1, World Vegan Day, as the end of that month of celebration. Vegetarian Awareness Month has been known variously as Reverence for Life month, Month of Vegetarian Food, and more.
200 Grams Mushrooms Sliced
1 Bellpepper (Capsicum deseeded and cubed)
1 Onion Cubed + 1 Onion Finely Chopped
3 Green Chillies Slit
2 Dry Red Chillies
1 Large Tomato Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Coriander
1 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1 Tbsp Vinegar
2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1/4 Tsp Pepper Powder
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp Chilly Powder
Salt as per taste
1 Tbsp Ghee + 1 Tbsp Oil...
- In a wok add oil and ghee place the wok on medium flame.
- Once the oil is hot add ginger and garlic paste to the oil fry till raw flavor has gone.
- Add finely chopped onion, tomato, slit chillies and dry chilly fry all the ingredients the onion and tomato should soften a bit place it on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Once the onion and tomato softens a bit add chilly powder, pepper powder, garam masala and tomato ketchup fry all the ingredients till oil separates a bit.
- Add the bell peppers and mushroom to the masala toss to coat add 2 tbsp water and salt as per taste stir and cover until the mushroom and bell peppers soften.
- In 5 minutes the vegetable will soften and would've cooked thoroughly add the cubed onion toss and fry for a minute.
- Finish the masala with vinegar and chopped coriander toss and fry for a minute serve hot as side dish for roti or fried rice...Enjoy...:)