Honey mustard chicken can be served as a starter or as a side dish for pasta or fried rice. This recipe is my own creation after many attempts I got it to the consistency we liked at home or I can say as per Indian taste palette. We can cook the chicken on a tawa/skillet or bake it. If cooked using a tawa the chicken tastes different from the baked version.
750 Grams Chicken Thighs
1 Tbsp Mustard
10 Kandhari chilies or fresh birds eye chilies
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp Turmeric
Juice of 1 Lime
1 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
1 Small Onion
3 to 4 Tbsp Honey
Sesame and Chilly Flakes for garnish
Salt as per taste
Butter as required
- Using a sharp knife gash or cut the chicken thighs. Wash thoroughly and place the chicken in a colander allow the excess moisture to drain before adding to a mixing bowl.
- In a mixer jar add the mustard, onion, chilly, turmeric, and garam masala add splash of water grind to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer the chicken to a mixing bowl add the yogurt, lime, mustard masala paste and salt mix all the ingredients thoroughly allow the chicken to marinate for minimum half hour for best results allow the chicken to marinate over night in the fridge.
- Line a baking sheet with foil mix the chicken once more in the marinate and start arranging the chicken on the sheet bake in a preheated oven at 250 degree for 13 minutes on each side until the chicken is well done.
- Bast the chicken with butter and honey on all side and bake at 250 for 3 minutes on each side once done garnish with sesame and chilly flakes and serve hot...Enjoy...:)